Thanks to the generous support of the Zellerbach Family Foundation, Root & Rebound is in the initial stages of developing a Family Reentry Readiness Toolkit so that individuals who are currently incarcerated and planning for release can work alongside their family members and loved ones to understand, plan for, and navigate the reentry process. We are very excited about beginning this new project!
Referring to our Roadmap to Reentry Guide, the toolkit will include a set of concrete tools to help incarcerated individuals and their loved ones understand the roles, challenges and limitations each will encounter as they plan together for reentry. Individuals and families who are navigating and have navigated reentry are the preeminent reentry experts, and we plan to design the toolkits with you in mind, using your knowledge and experiences as the foundation.
We want to know:
- What helped and didn’t help as you or your loved one navigated release?
- What is the best way for family members to provide support pre-release, in order to help set their loved ones up for success post-release?
- As a family member with an incarcerated loved one, what information or tools do you wish you had to help your family member prepare for release?
To discuss these issues, as well as others that affect families navigating reentry, we are holding 2 focus groups:
1) Monday, May 2nd from 5-7pm for individuals who have been through reentry.
2) Wednesday, May 4th from 5-7pm for family members with currently or formerly incarcerated loved ones.
Both events will be held at Root & Rebound’s office at 1730 Franklin St., Suite 300, in Oakland. Dinner, beverages and a modest travel stipend will be provided to thank you for your participation.
Please RSVP here: bit.ly/familyreentrytoolkit
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION,
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!!